Saturday, 5 March 2016

Clear your skin ♡ (Cruelty-free skincare for oily skin)

Today I'm going to share with you my current favorite skincare products. 
I've always struggled with acne and acne scaring, and even tho it's not as severe and cystic as it used to be, it's still annoying and, as soon as it shows up, affects my self-esteem a lot more than it should. Since I'm fairly lazy when it comes to skincare, can't stick with complex routines and don't really have the budget to spend on high-end products, here is an easy 3-step routine that's been working pretty well for me lately.


1 - Cleanse 
For cleansing I use Coalface by Lush, I usually use it in the shower since it's a dark facial soap and it can get a little messy. This soap absorbs the oils in your face and gently exfoliates your skin, just lather a little bit in your hands and massage your face. Your skin will feel pretty dry when you wash it out, which brings us to the next step:

2 - Moisturize 
I've been using the Zero% Facial Moisturizer. I got it as a gift in a travel kit, so it's a small 20ml container, I don't think they even sell it as a full size product, but the Yes to Tomatoes Daily Balancing Moisturizer works just as well.

3 - Treat yo self 
About once or twice a week, I do a facial mask. An argyle mask helps dry and clear spots and acne thanks to its purifying and antibacterial properties. Just mix a small tablespoon of argyle and water until it reaches a creamy consistency and apply it to your face, let it sit for a few minutes and when you rinse it off, your skin will feel fresh and smooth. Don't forget to moisturize afterwards.
Price vs Usage time

♥ Coalface is sold by weight, so you can either get a small block or a bigger one, I got about 100g for around €9 (the price varies in every country, I think it's cheaper in the UK website). I've been cutting it in smaller pieces to use in the shower and after half a year of purchasing, I'm not even half-way through.
♥ The Yes to Tomatoes Daily Balancing Moisturizer can be bought at BeautyBay for €14,40 with free shipping on orders over €20 for most countries.
♥ You can get an argyle 1kg bag for less than €2 in most supermarkets or health stores. You will only need a very small amount for each mask so this will last way more than a year.

This goes for a total of approximately €26, the facial soap and the argyle will definitely last more than a year, but you might need to repurchase another moisturizer after a few months. Overall, this is still a very cheap and affordable routine that you can easily adapt to your own skin's needs.

Sidenote: As I mentioned, I can't find the Zero% moisturizer I've been using on their website but here is a link to the rest of the Zero% range by Gilchrist & Soames, just in case you are interested.

 Don't forget to stay hydrated 

No comments:

Post a Comment