Friday, 4 March 2016

Movies of the Month: February

Videodrome (1983) 


In one sentence: a science-fiction movie way ahead of it's time. This classic by David Cronenberg follows Max Renn, the owner of a small and so-called "sleazy" cable station, as he discovers a pirate broadcast signal that features extreme violence - Videodrome. This discovery quickly turns into an obsession as Max tries to find out what Videodrome really is. Not only a mesmerizing film about the effects of mass-media and our perception of reality, but so much more.

Videodrome on IMDb.


The Seventh Seal (1957)


One of Ingmar Bergman's best movies in my opinion. Set during the Black Death pandemic, following the journey of a knight as he plays a game of chess for his life against Death itself - an undisputed masterpiece.

The Seventh Seal on IMDb.


Indie Game: The Movie (2012)


As an indie game lover, I knew I had to watch this. This movie documents the creative process, and launching of three games - Fez, Super Meat Boy and Braid - and the struggles their developers went through. This hit me in a very personal way and I admit, I cried a few times when I watched it. Fez is one of my favorite games of all time, and it was amazing to see everything behind the creation of such a beautiful game. It was also very emotional to get to know the stories behind Edmund McMillen and Tommy Refenes and their families. Definitely a must-watch for any game lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment